Research Writing Steps
There is always more than one way of accomplishing any task, and writing research paper is no exception. After much trial and error, the experienced researcher usually arrives at some system that has proved itself to be the best for him or her. However the individual systems may vary, there are ten basic steps that provide a logical method for research. They result in an ease of procedure for the researcher, the ultimate economy of time and effort, the assurance that comes from following a time-tested procedure, accuracy in the result, and the most universal acceptance by examining scholars. As you proceed, you may think that you can eliminate a step or two in the process, only to find later that you have created some extra ones to make up for the detour. So watch your step!
- Find a research topics;
- Writing reading a general article;
- Formulate a temporary research thesis and a temporary research outline;
- Prepare the preliminary bibliography;
- Take notes from relevant sources;
- Label note cards and revise the working outline;
- Write the first draft;
- Revise the text; write an introduction and a conclusion;
- Fill in parenthetical references or footnotes on the draft;
- Put the paper in final form.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.