MLA Format Checklist
As you format your paper and document your research according to MLA guidelines, use the checklist below to review your work.
All borrowed material is acknowledged with an appropriate attributive phrase and/or in-text citation indicating author and page number, as appropriate.
• The works-cited list includes entries for all works referred to in the body of the paper: No sources are missing from the list; no extra sources are listed that have no reference within the paper.
• The entire works-cited list is properly alphabetized by authors’ last names (or by the first main word in the title for anonymous works).
• Each works-cited entry contains the maximum amount of identifying and publication information, in the proper order, using all of the accepted abbreviations.
• The entire paper is properly formatted, from the first page heading and title to the final works cited page entry.
• Placement, spacing, and margins are correct for the paper’s header, the heading, the title, and “Works Cited.”
• Pagination is correct and consistent.
• First lines of paragraphs and inset quotations are properly indented; works-cited entries are properly formatted with a hanging indent.
• The paper is cleanly printed single-sided on quality paper.
• The paper is properly bound with a paper clip in the upper-left corner.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.