Management of Health Services custom essays
The paper is focused on the recent changes in health care system of Australia. The recent changes related to the management of health care system and health care professionals are discussed in the context of specific features of Australian people ecology. One of the main problems discussed in the paper is the problem of availability of health services for all people throughout the whole territory of Australia, including remote areas. The problems are basically solved by means of reorganization of hospitals and training of health care professionals and mobilization of their work to make health services more available. The main programs aiming at the solution of this problem are also discussed.
Traditionally health care system is in the focus of attention of both government and public and any changes in this system should be discussed and carefully analysed since they may affect dramatically the life of great number of people. Speaking about Australian health care system it is particularly important to discuss the recent initiatives and changes in health care system due to the specificity of the country and, to put it more precisely, due to the enormous territory inhabited by a relatively small number of people. As a result, the currently existing health care system of Australia faces a number of problems, including the main one – how to provide all people living in the country with health care services of the possibly higher quality. This is why in recent years different services and programs have been initiated and implemented in Australia aiming at the improvement of health care system of the country. In such a situation it seems to be natural that reorganization of health care system affected dramatically Australian hospitals 50 of which have been closed while several hundred of others have been reorganized.
Thus, it is possible to conclude that the currently existing health care system of Australia is changing aiming at the improvement of its services and their availability to a possibly larger number of people. Moreover, health services of high quality should cover the whole territory of Australia, including remote areas and the recent efforts of the government are essential and the programs started in recent years should be continued.
1. Barnes, M. et al. (2003). “Contemporary child health nursing practice: services provided and challenges faced in metropolitan and outer Brisbane areas”, Collegian, 10(4), 14 – 19.
2. Briggs et al (2004). “Health Care Funding in Australia” in Health Financial Management 2-22.
3. Brown, G., Courtney, M., & Meehan, T. (2004). “Type of housing predicts rate of readmission to hospital but not length of stay on the Gold Coast in Queensland”, Australian Health Review, 27(1), 65 – 72.
4. Edwards, H. et al. (2004). “The impact of clinical placement location on nursing students’ competence and preparedness for practice”, Nurse Education Today, 24(4), 248 – 255.
5. Edwards, H., Courtney, M. & O’Reilly M. (2003) “Involving older people in research to examine quality of life in residential aged care, quality” in Ageing – Policy, Practice and Research, 4(4), 38 – 43.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.